This Thai inspired peanut soup has just the right amount of heat and is ready in 30 minutes. Add peanut butter and chicken and serve as a main course or appetizer soup.
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth (48 oz.)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (8-10 oz.)
- Optional: 1 lb peeled, deveined shrimp instead of chicken. For a party, garnish each serving with a sprinkle of roasted peanuts and fresh cilantro.
- In a 3 or 4-quart pot, bring broth to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in soup mix.
- Return to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in peanut butter until thoroughly blended.
- Add chicken, and continue cooking, covered on low for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, let stand for 5 minutes, stir and serve.