California Gold Rush White Bean Chili mix combines sweet potatoes and peppers with added artichoke hearts and ground turkey for a savory white bean chili.
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 lb. Fresh Ground Turkey or Chicken
- 1 can (14 oz.) Artichoke Hearts, Drained and Quartered (or 1 Box Frozen)
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth (48 oz.)
- Optional: 1 Large Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
Preparing the beans:
- Pick through the beans. Remove discolored, shriveled beans and any foreign material. Rinse well.
- Place in a bowl with 8 cups water and soak for 4 hours at room temperature or overnight. For a quick soak, boil for 10 minutes and let stand for 2 hours.
- Drain beans and place in a 4-quart pot with 8 cups of fresh water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain and set aside until ready to use.
Preparing the soup:
- In a 4-quart pot, Sauté turkey in oil over medium heat.
- Stir in contents of California Gold Rush White Bean Chili Mix vegetable packet and artichoke hearts (or sweet potato.)
- Add drained, cooked beans and chicken broth to pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered, for 1 hour.
- Optional: Serve with lime wedges, cilantro, and/or sour cream.