You Will Also Need:
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 4 cups chicken broth (32 oz.)
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (12 oz.) or 2-3 chicken breasts (12 oz.)
- 2 cans (14 oz.) unsweetened coconut milk (27-28 oz. total)
Here’s What You Do:
- In a 4-quart pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs and sauté 4-5 minutes per site. Remove chicken to a cutting board and cool
- Stir in soup mix and broth, deglaze pot (scrape bits from bottom), and bring to boil
- Dice or shred cooled chicken, add to pot, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, cover, and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes and serve
Optional: Serve with a squeeze of lime
Soup wil continue to thicken as it rests, add more broth or water ot thin as desired. If using pre-cooked/roasted chicken simply sauté contents of soup mix quickly in oil then add broth to begin recipe.