Rocky Mountain Trail Loaded Potato Soup is a perfectly seasoned creamy and indulgent loaded potato soup, with all the savory goodness and velvety richness of your favorite comfort food.
- 6-8 slices bacon
- 6 cups chicken broth (48 oz.)
- 1 large russet (baker) potato or other white potato
(peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes, 2 cups)
- 1 cup heavy cream (8oz.)
- Optional: shredded cheddar cheese and/or sour cream
- Slice uncooked bacon into half-inch pieces and place in bottom of 4-quart pot.
- Over medium heat, sauté bacon until browned and crispy, 8-12 minutes.
- Remove bacon, set aside on paper towel, and discard excess bacon grease.
- Peel and cube potatoes. Add cubbed potatoes to the pot, stir gently into residual bacon grease, add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in soup mix. Return to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream, heat uncovered on low for 5 minutes.
- Top each serving with crumbled bacon.
- Add shredded cheese and/or sour cream, if desired.
* soup will continue to thicken, add broth, milk or water as needed.